Contact Us

Requesting Student Records

Parents and parents’ representatives (i.e., attorneys or special education advocates)

Requests for any portion of a student’s cumulative file and/or special education file shall be directed to the principal of your child’s current school or last attended school at SFUSD. Parents or parents’ representatives who are making a request for all educational records should not make requests for records to Special Education Records.

Requests from law enforcement and public defender’s office (subpoenas)

Direct to:

Community Relations Specialist, Attn: Pearl Allen
Work Permits and Records Requests
20 Cook Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-750-4500 x1020
Fax: 415-751-0805

Transcript only

Request for transcripts only shall be directed to:

Transcript Office
San Francisco Unified School District
20 Cook Street, Room 11
San Francisco, CA 94102

Special education records only

Requesters other than parents or parent representatives

Requests from SFUSD schools, SFUSD departments, outside agencies, or other school districts which are limited to Special Education Records, shall be directed to:

Special Education Records, Attn: Mercedes Venegas
San Francisco Unified School District
1351 42nd Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94122

Requesting Employee Records

Employee Verification

Find out how to submit a request for employment or income verification.

Employee Records

Submit a written request by fax or postal mail that includes:

Employee name
Employee ID number OR social security number
Fax request to:

Mail request to:
Human Resources Department
San Francisco Unified School District
555 Franklin Street, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact, and we will direct you to the right people.